Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random Thoughts: Tucker Max and Watergate

Random Thoughts:

1. Tucker Max is basically a frat boy version of Hunter Thompson. Am I right or am I right?

2. The song, "Sweet Home Alabama," contains these lyrics, which seem to condone Nixon's Watergate:

In Birmingham they love the governor
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth

Well, to tell you the truth, it bothers me that my government engaged in campaign fraud, burglary, improper tax audits, and illegal wiretapping. I know the song is supposed to promote its own brand of rebellion, but this just seems to go too far. I can't enjoy this song now that I actually studied the lyrics for the first time. Yet another instance when curiosity killed the song. Sigh.

No comments: