Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Investment Outlook

My personal sentiments regarding the stock market are similar to Jim Rogers'. Basically, I am overweight commodities and just bought a Commodities ETF (DBC). I also added to my Canadian dollar position (FXC), as an indirect play on commodities.

I disagree with Mr. Roger's assessment of American stocks being too expensive--many "blue chip" technology stocks appear cheap because of their high net cash holdings and market share. T. Rowe Price holds my 401(k), and around 17% of my 401(k) is in its Science and Technology fund (PRSCX). This particular fund has a relatively high percentage of its holdings in semiconductor companies.

The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only and does not constitute investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities or make any kind of an investment. You are responsible for your own due diligence.

No comments: