Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stocks Update

Last week, I bought MMM, IF, and SCUR on May 23, 2008.

I sold MMM this week, making around 0.5%.

SCUR was much better. I sold today, making a 15% gain in less than a week (May 23, 2007 to May 29, 2008).

IF is basically flat so far. No worries--that is a long term hold.

So here is my track record thus far in terms of round-trips:

MMM = 0.5% (less than seven calendar days)
SCUR = 15% (less than seven calendar days)
IF = (bought on May 23, 2008--not sold yet)

Keep in mind, most of these trades were in a Roth IRA, so I won't pay taxes on the transactions until I withdraw the money in my (hopefully) old age. My trades will not generally incorporate any tax analysis.

The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only and does not constitute investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities or make any kind of an investment. You are responsible for your own due diligence.

No comments: