This post was inspired by the September 14, 2009's New England vs. Buffalo Bills NFL football game. New England scored two touchdowns in the last two minutes to win by one point.
I still can't believe how Buffalo grasped defeat from the jaws of victory in the last two minutes. I only caught the end of the game, and I am convinced--the Bills are cursed. Here are the facts:
1. O.J. Simpson was a Buffalo Bill. 'Nuff said.
2. In 1991, the Bills lose Super Bowl XXV by one point. It is the closest Super Bowl in history.
3. Monday Night Football, September 14, 2009. Bills lose by (surprise!) one point. Now, there are stomach-punch games, and there are stomach-evisceration games. This one was the latter.
4. Four consecutive Super Bowl losses from 1990 to 1993.
5. Four words: Scott Norwood, wide right. (Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, it seems. Somehow, that makes it worse.)
6. Terrell Owens. (I happen to like T.O., but I'm sure every QB he's played with is rooting for the Bills to fail and happy T.O. has to tolerate harsh winters.)