Monday, April 20, 2009

Esther Ting

I didn't know Esther Ting. I don't usually read the obits, but this one caught my eye, and by the time I was done reading it, I was tearing up. Here is the obit:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mercurynews/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=126321830

A friend's posts on Esther:

http://salcha.tumblr.com/post/96331972/in-loving-memory-of-esther-ting

http://salcha.tumblr.com/post/97737651/esther-ting

According to the above link (posted by Esther's friend on April 17, 2009), Esther died from a drug-related heart attack:

Now many of you are all wondering, how did Esther pass? What happened? Where, when, who..and so on...Wednesday April 8th, Esther overdosed on drugs which led to a heart attack. From what I heard from the nurse, she told me that they were able to resuscitate her, but her heart failed again and that’s when she passed.

Why would the world take a woman a few weeks before her 19th birthday? This makes no sense. It just makes no sense. May God help her family and those who were fortunate enough to know her.

3 comments:

thissean said...

I found this accidentally. I was a friend of Esther, and I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words. Even after months after her death I still think about her.

Unknown said...

i found this though a friend of mine... Esther was my friend as well... and it will always hurt.. she is still in my thoughts

balmug said...

thanks for posting this. you are right, we ask ourselves the very same questions.

but as a person, we should also look into her life. one thing i learned from her is how all the small things in life can make a big impact in us.

i always feel that there is a story involved when reading about people's obituaries. try finding more about her.