Friday, April 23, 2010

Cary Grant and Grace Kelly

Just saw To Catch a Thief. Not one of Hitchcock's usual suspense films--it was very funny and had wonderfully comedic banter:

Francie: Money handles most people.

John: Do you honestly believe that?

Francie: I've proved it.

John: You're a singular girl.

Francie: Is that good or bad?

John: Oh, it's good, it's quite good. You know what you want. You go out after it and nothing stops you from getting it.

Francie: You make it sound corny.

John: Oh no, you're a jackpot of admirable character traits.

Francie: I already knew that.

John: Yes, I will say you do things with dispatch. No wasted preliminaries. Not only did I enjoy that kiss last night, I was awed by the efficiency behind it.

Francie: Well, I'm a great believer of getting down to essentials.

It's much better in the spoken word than on paper.

No comments: