Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Stocks Update (November 4, 2008)

I haven't done a "Stocks Update" in a long time. To save time, I am going to list only the individual stocks I own in retirement accounts that exceed 2,000 dollars. As of today, November 4, 2008, here is the list:

Dominion Resources, Inc. (D)
EMC Corporation (EMC)
Swiss Francs ETF (FXF)
Intel Corporation (INTC)
U.S. Preferred Stock Index (PFF)
Swiss Helvetia Fund Inc. (SWZ)
Vanguard Pacific Stock ETF (VPL)
Utilities Select SPDR (XLU)
Yahoo, Inc. (YHOO)

I wish I owned more General Electric (GE) and Johnson and Johnson (JNJ). My strategy in my retirement accounts is to own stocks or ETFs with high dividend yields. So far, my biggest loser is Yahoo (YHOO). I am losing around $1,100 dollars on the stock, which isn't terrible, but certainly not ideal. I just saw a prominent Microsoft (MSFT) ad on Yahoo's front page, so perhaps Microsoft and Yahoo are on more cordial terms these days, which may lead to some form of a buyout.

No comments: